Join Our Jellystone Park™ Team
Do you like working with people?
Do you like being outdoors?
Jellystone Park™ in Austin, MN is in the business of creating fun vacation memories for families in a campground setting. We are a family run business, and always on the lookout for friendly, cheerful people who like to work hard and play hard, to join our family. We have high expectations of our employees, so check below to see what is available. Check back often to see what has been added. If you would like to apply for a position, complete our online application
Responsible for the cleaning of all lodging and rental units.
- Must be able to life 25-50 lbs. consistently throughout shift
- Must be able to spend the majority of the day walking, twisting, bending, pushing/pulling and kneeling while cleaning
- Able to follow written and verbal directions
- Pay keen attention to detail
- Previous housekeeping / cleaning experience preferred
- Must be flexible in hours and days worked (weekends required during the summer)
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions
- Must have cell phone and email address
- Must have reliable transportation with a valid Drivers License
- All staff must be able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
Maintenance Workers ensure the campground is kept clean and well maintained. A successful candidate would be flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat or cold weather conditions and committed to delivery the highest levels of customer service. Other duties as assigned management.
- Maintenance Workers must be able to work physically hard and able to deal with constant bending and lifting
- Maintenance Workers must ensure clean and pleasant atmosphere of the campground by removing trash and debris cleaning all public areas. This includes but is not limited to cleaning: the parking lot, campground, campground store, laundry and restrooms.
- Clean all tent sites, RV spaces and surrounding areas removing any trash and debris
- Handle recycling needs
- Must have an eye for detail and presentation to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness
- Check tent sites and RV spaces prior to guests arriving
- Read and record sewer boxes and electrical and RV space meter readings
- Maintenance Workers must fully utilize all safety equipment, ensuring proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to
- Understand all machinery and chemicals used
- Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance,cleanliness and safety issues
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Maintain a positive attitude, always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints, always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Must be flexible – willing to work a varied schedule
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Maintenance Works must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat, or cold
- Maintenance Workers must be comfortable being on their feet all day
- Maintenance Worker must be able to listen to instruction attentively
- Maintenance Workers must be able to operate lawn mowers, weed eaters, and any other lawn care equipment
- Previous experience required with basic electric, plumbing, cable, septic, CATV, painting, drywall and any other basic maintenance functions
- Previous experience with propane disbursement, license preferred
- Strong English communication skills are required
- Must be over 18 years of age to operate machinery
- Must have reliable transportation, and a valid Drivers License
- All staff must be able to pass Background Check and Drug Screening
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; talk; hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distant vision, color vision, and depth perception.
A successful candidate
- Understands and adheres to the parks’ values and service standards
- Ensure the safety of guests and associates
- Greet guests with a smile and respond quickly to requests in a friendly and courteous manner
- Register guests and assign signs upon guest’s arrival, including handling of cash, and credit transactions
- Answering telephones with a smile, taking reservations, and handling messages for guests
- Processing account adjustments and check-out guests as they depart
- Be familiar with park information necessary to enhance customer satisfaction including rate structures, specials and restrictions, types of sites and lodging available, and amenities offered including costs and location.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of the local area in order to provide guests with information about location, cost and hours of operation of local services, facilities and points of interest.
- Resolve guest complaints and problems referring them to management as needed
- Be familiar with park emergency procedures, and provide calm, reassuring assistance to guests and fellow associates in the event of an emergency
- Monitor cleanliness and appearance of front desk and store area and report deficiencies to management.
- Perform any additional duties as requested by management
- Understand and adhere to safety and environmental standards set by the park
- Previous reservation experience preferred
- Must be able to follow detailed work lists
- Ability to treat all associates and guests in a respectful manner
- Exhibits integrity (honesty and truthfulness)
- Attention to detail
- Consistently striving to be better
- Courteous and the ability to smile spontaneously
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to consistently lift items between 20 – 50 lbs.
- Must have exceptional grooming standards that are consistent with company guidelines
- Must be outgoing and able to approach guests and initiate conversation
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must have basic computer knowledge, specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel and POS (Point of Sale)
- All staff must be able to pass a Background Check and a Drug Screening
Our Snack Shack offers burgers, pizza and a variety of unique appetizers along with soft serve ice cream. If you enjoy making food, working at a brisk pace, keeping busy, you will enjoy the pace in the Snack Shack.
Grill cook or restaurant experience helpful.
Our security staff works in the evenings. They are expected to do lock checks, help shut down buildings and maintain quiet hours throughout the campground. They additionally, are expected to help with light cleaning responsibilities in the bath houses late night / early mornings, as needed.
If you have a firm but kind way of dealing with people, and are good at problem solving in intense situations, you might find yourself right at home with this job.
Recreation staff primarily runs activities and various stations at the resort including arts & crafts, wagon rides, waterslide, and outdoor games, etc.
Staff will sometimes be required to perform as a mascot of the resort.
The position calls for an extremely outgoing, fun, and energetic individual that is capable of planning and setting up daily activities and interacting will all ages, especially children.
Candidates should have the ability to communicate instructions for an activity clearly and effectively, and to keep control over groups of kids.
Ability to follow oral and written skills is a must as well as the ability to work flexible hours including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Now let’s go have some fun.
This is a seasonal position.